Sunday, January 30, 2011

An Awesome Week For Me........

Dear blog followers,

I am so excited to announce that I have been choosen to be a Design Team member for http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/ How awesome is that! Although I have been a design team member for our local scrapbook stores I have never be asked to be a designer for an online community. So come on and join us.......we guarantee tons of fun!!!

Here is a little something I made the other day.....A Birthday Card

Being that all my scrapstuff is still in storage since we moved to Los Angeles, I have not been able to access my beautiful beautiful stamps.....and I miss them. I had this idea for this card and needed supplies, so off to my LSS to pick my a new stamp , and of course some ink.

Once I came home with my goodies I started stamping away. I did find that the ink was a little darker than anticipated so I double kissed my paper to get a lighter shade to the stamp image and glittered it up....LOL, I was having so much fun.

A new little technique I wanted to share with you is how I made the candles for my cake. I needed to roll my paper very thin and the only thing I could find was the inside of my pen, the skinny ink pen was perfect. I rolled up my paper super thin, and added hot glue to the edges to hold it in place. I also added ric rac ribbon to make it look like a flame. How super cute is this idea......I hoped to inspire everyone with this.

On the Sketches webside I have also listed this card in a challenge....come on over and check it out. The winner of the challenge will win a special rak from me.......Hope To See You There ♥ Michelle

No comments: