Monday, May 21, 2012

My Inspired Journey

Hi bloggers, I am back from my Inspired Journey retreat feeling very blessed to have been able to get away and experience it. Able to escape from all my worries, up and downs and was able to just be free to be me, that is all I had wanted. I was able to bring back with me, a lot of creative ideas, happiness, and inspiration.

On Thursday my roomie Cindy and I thought we would make a trip to Fabric Barn to pick up some ribbon for our ribbon exchange, pick up a late lunch and check in to the hotel to get settled in. Cindy and I stayed in to scrapbook, drink some wine and enjoy some M&M's. I was busy trying to get this altered box with mini book started to document my Inspired Journey.
 I used the Indie Chic collection from My Minds Eye to alter my box from Graphic 45. I also made this adorable flower by using a 2" glue dot, ribbon from My Minds Eye and wrapped it around from the outside in, and finished it off by adding a golden rhinestone on top of a chipboard flowers.
 When you open the 1st lid you will see the heading I made using my Cricut E2 and the Cuttin Up cartridge.
 Here is what you see when you open the second lid, my folded mini book.
 Here I was working on my first class making a wood stand designed by no other Teresa Collins, a a picture with Teresa. Teresa was so inspiring to me, and I loved hering her stories. I of which brought tears to my eyes. Then I took a class by Sande from 7 Gypsy making a travel mini album and journal book. Also pictured is Cindy and I showing our winnings. You can also see Rebecca from pink Paislee who showed my how to use Glitter Mist......I loved it! And last but not least in Ginger, who put together this chin-dig along with Teresa Collins. Ginger was so funny and nice, and she even brought her Mom along to help with the event. 
On the backside of folded mini I am pictured with Shannon from Cricut who not only taught an adorable card at out make n take but brought tons of goodies for each and every member.......how awesome is that! the 2nd fold has my whole story so that I not forget all the details small and big. I am also pictured with Teresa who is my mentor and friend who inspires me to reach for my goals, and reach for the stars. Last picture is with Esmeralda, who I met online on Facebook and was able to connect with her here at the retreat. She is so sweet and owns a online scrapbook store.

I think the best thing was that I was able to make new friends too.


6 comments:

Cindy F said...

It turned out great, Michelle! I love it.

Teresa said...

This came out sooooo cute! Thanks for the kind words.. I hope you always soar like an eagle :) Happy Scrappin!

L.B. said...

This is a great project.So pretty and fun.

angie gutshall said...

Very fun project!

Connie Mercer said...

Michelle~
This is darling~ beautiful work!!!

Kathie said...

Sounds, and looks, like you had a fabulous time, Michelle. Your project is beautiful and a great memento for your journey!